Roly's Fudge wins four Gold awards at Taste of the West Awards 2017 - Buy Fudge Online | Roly's Fudge
Roly’s Fudge is over the moon to announce that we’ve won four Gold awards at the Taste of the West Awards 2017!
The awards have been given to the following four fudge flavours: Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge; Salted Maple and Pecan Fudge; and two brand new flavours, Florentine Fudge and Peaches and Cream Fudge.
With these year’s awards, we’ve now won 25 awards since 2009 for our traditional handmade fudge. Fourteen of these have been awarded from Taste of the West, who we’ve been working with for nine years.
More about the award-winning fudge flavours…
- This is the sixth award for our Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge, our most popular traditional fudge flavour and made using real clotted cream. Our recipe has stayed the same since Roly’s Fudge began in 1987 – 30 years ago. Winning another award for this fudge on our 30th anniversary is a real honour! Available online and in all 37 of our Roly’s Fudge Pantries!
- Salted Maple and Pecan Fudge was introduced in 2015 and has had the fastest rising popularity of any of our fudge flavours. Made with crunchy pecans mixed into 100% maple syrup and flaked Cornish sea salt, our Salted Maple and Pecan Fudge has risen from a limited edition fudge flavour to one of our top three best-selling fudge flavours in just the space of six months. This is now its second award, after receiving a 1* with Great Taste Awards last year. Available online and in selected Roly’s Fudge Pantries.
- A brand new flavour is Florentine Fudge, made especially for our 30th anniversary! This special fudge flavour celebrates the delight of Florentine cake along with our traditional fudge. Simply put, this flavour is irresistible. Full of crunchy hazenuts and almonds, this flavour is extra succulent with delicious cherries and cranberries – and it’s topped off with dark chocolate drops! Currently available in selected Roly’s Fudge Pantries and available online soon.
- Also new is our Peaches and Cream Fudge! This flavour is also a new one for 2017. Our Roly’s Fudge Pantries have been taste testing it this year, and we can safely say this flavour is one of our favourite new ones to hit the shelves. This flavour will be a big summer favourite, with clotted cream and real freeze-dried peaches stirred into our warm fudge along with a natural peach flavour. Currently available in selected Roly’s Fudge Pantries and available online soon.
Matt and Shelley Pugh, owners of Roly’s Fudge Salcombe, Dartmouth, Plymouth and Polperro, are the creators behind Salted Maple & Pecan, Florentine, and Peaches & Cream. They are overjoyed with the result!
“We are so proud to have achieved four Taste of the West Gold awards this year,” says Matt. “It is lovely to have come up with some really exciting flavours, that bring together the great taste of natural ingredients where possible, with the texture and taste of the 150 year old Roly’s recipe.
“We absolutely love the Florentine Fudge, packed with fruit, nuts and chocolate. Peaches and Cream is so flavoursome with those real peach pieces. Salted Maple and Pecan has been a real favourite with all of our customers this year. And to win gold with our original Vanilla Clotted Cream, in our 30th birthday year, is amazing!”
Thank you to our Roly’s Fudge fans as ever for your support since 1987 and we are delighted to bring you these two new flavours to celebrate our 30th birthday in style.
The Taste of the West Awards have been supporting the South West food & drink industry for more than two decades. Last year Taste of the West celebrated their Silver Anniversary of 25 years. Find out more about Taste of the West awards at their new website.
- Roly’s Fudge started entering awards with Taste of the West in 2009 and with Great Taste Awards in 2013, and has won awards every year since 2009. You can view our full list of awards at our Roly’s Fudge Awards page.
- You can try Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge in all of our Roly’s Fudge stores, and Salted Maple and Pecan is available in most of our stores as well – find your local store here. Keep an eye out for Peaches & Cream Fudge and Florentine Fudge in the near future, and we’ll also be releasing these fudges online soon!