We are very excited to be bringing you a new series of blog posts where we will be sharing delicious recipes you can make using our fudge and fudge sauce. Our fudge is extremely versatile and is the perfect addition to almost any dessert – in this series we will be bringing you recipes that vary in difficulty and effort – so no one has to miss out! If you’re vegan – keep an eye out on our social media channels for our blog post with all vegan recipes.
To start this series off we will be sharing recipes which have been developed by extremely talented head chefs all over the West Country using our decadent Fudge. These recipes can also be found in the Taste of the West Country Cookbook here. In this cookbook chefs have developed recipes with the Taste of the West 2018 Award Winners, which we are proud to be a part of .
This week’s recipe is Clotted Cream Fudge Brownies with Ice Cream and Summer Berries
Pop into your local Roly’s Fudge Pantry to stock up on our fudge for these recipes and get baking these delicious desserts – we promise you won’t regret it.
Clotted cream fudge brownies, ice cream and summer berries
Recipe by Tom Holloway, Head Chef at the Alexandra Hotel, Lyme Regis, Dorset
300g unsalted butter
125g cocoa powder
4 medium eggs
500g caster sugar
125g plain flour
150g Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge from Roly’s Fudge
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3.
- Melt the butter with cocoa in a microwave for about two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it’s smooth and fully combined.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the chocolate and egg mix.
- Sift the flour and fold into the chocolate and egg mix.
- Pour into a brownie tray or cake tin (buttered and lined), roughly chop up the fudge and poke into the top of the brownie mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes. It should be ready when an inserted skewer comes out almost clean.
- Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and a handful of your favourite summer berries.
A special thanks to all the talented chefs behind these recipes to not only create these wonderful recipes but to demonstrate just how versatile our fudge is!
We look forward to seeing your recreations of our recipes, so don’t forget to tag us on our social media channels @rolysfudge on instagram, facebook and twitter. Let us know what recipes you would like to see next!