This blog is part of our series where we are sharing delicious recipes you can make using our fudge and fudge sauce. We have already shared the following recipes; Clotted Cream Fudge Brownies and Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge and Chocolate Babka Buns. This week we are sharing the recipe for a Cheesecake made with our Lemon Meringue Fudge.
Pop into your local Roly’s Fudge Pantry to stock up on our fudge for these recipes and get baking these delicious desserts – we promise you won’t regret it.
Lemon Meringue Fudge Cheesecake
100g Lemon Meringue Fudge from Roly’s Fudge
6 digestive biscuits
50g butter, melted
450g cream cheese
2 gelatin leaves
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
Candied lemon peel
- Grate the fudge until there are breadcrumb-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food mixer until there is a fine crumb. Mix in the butter and half of the fudge, and then press firmly into the base of each mould. Refrigerate.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest, then add the remaining fudge.
- Take the gelatin out of the water and add it to the lemon juice. Warm this gently in the microwave until the gelatin melts.
- Stir the gelatin into the cream cheese mixture, ensuring it is evenly combined.
- Fill each biscuit-lined mould evenly with the cream cheese mixture, tapping down to remove any air pockets. Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, garnish with a few fresh raspberries, mint and a little candied lemon peel.
Top Tip: At waterside we use individual metal mousse rings, but you could use a small 14cm springform cake tin.
Top Tip: When ready to serve, use a gas burner to gently warm the mousse ring, then push the cheesecake up a fraction first before allowing it to slide gently down onto the plate.
Recipe by Simon Drew, Head Chef, Waterside Bistro, Totnes
If you’re vegan – keep an eye out on our social media channels for our blog post with all vegan recipes.
We look forward to seeing your recreations of our recipes, so don’t forget to tag us on our social media channels @rolysfudge on instagram, facebook and twitter. Let us know what recipes you would like to see next!