This blog is part of our series where we are sharing delicious recipes you can make using our fudge and fudge sauce. We have already shared the following recipes; Clotted Cream Fudge Brownies, Vanilla Clotted Cream Fudge and Chocolate Babka Buns and Lemon Meringue Fudge Cheesecake. This week we are sharing the recipe for a Salted caramel & pecan Fudge iced parfait with candied pecans.
Pop into your local Roly’s Fudge Pantry to stock up on our fudge for these recipes and get baking these delicious desserts – we promise you won’t regret it.
Salted caramel & pecan Fudge iced parfait with candied pecans
For the parfait
200g salted Salted caramel and pecan fudge from roly’s fudge
300ml double cream
2 large, free-range egg white
Squeeze of lemon juice
80g caster sugar
For the pate a bombe
150g caster sugar
5 large free-range egg yolks
For the salted caramel sauce
200g granulated sugar
90g salted butter (at room temperature and cut into six)
120ml double cream
1tsp sea salt flakes
Candied pecan nuts (for serving)
To make the pate a bombe
- Dissolve the sugar in a medium-sized saucepan with 100ml of water. When clear, bring to the boil and place a sugar thermometer in the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with an electric mixer until creamy. When the sugar syrup reaches 120ºC, remove from the heat at once.
- Keeping the mixer beaters running, drizzle the syrup on to the yolks and beat, on full speed, for three to five minutes, until there is a firm, yellow foam.
- Remove and cool, whisking occasionally.
To make the parfait
- Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice in a bowl until softly stiff, then gradually whisk in the sugar until it becomes a smooth, glossy meringue. Whip the cream in another bowl until softly stiff.
- Fold the meringue into the pate a bombe mix, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Finally, crumble 200g of the fudge into the parfait mix, leaving 50g to one side to use as a garnish.
- Spoon into eight to ten moulds and freeze until firm.
To make the sauce
- Heat the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, immediately add the butter.
- Stir into the caramel for about two to three minutes, until melted.
- Very slowly, drizzle in the cream while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to boil for one minutes. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to cool before using.
To serve, garnish with some candied pecan nuts and crumbled fudge.
Recipe by Joe Nagy, Head Chef, The Lordleaze Hotel, Chard, Somerset
If you’re vegan – keep an eye out on our social media channels for our blog post with all vegan recipes.
We look forward to seeing your recreations of our recipes, so don’t forget to tag us on our social media channels @rolysfudge on instagram, facebook and twitter. Let us know what recipes you would like to see next!