As a business, we are proud to have zero food waste . Yes, really! Not a single crumb goes to waste.
We sell our leftover crumbs in small bags for you – they’re very popular to use on ice-creams, cake toppings, or as a little treat! If you’re visiting a Roly’s Fudge Pantry that sells ice cream, they might even offer crumb toppings or ‘crumbs in the cone’! You don’t have to throw away your fudge either! Look after it well by keeping it in a sealed container, and it will last at least 2 months (self control permitting!) – the alcohol and salted flavours last a little longer!
Our ethos is simple:
• We use the best quality natural ingredients in all of our fudges.
• That means real walnuts in our Maple & Walnut Fudge, real raisins in our Rum ‘n’ Raisin, and in our Christmas Pudding Fudge, no flavourings whatsoever – everything you would expect in an actual Christmas Pudding!
• Our butter and milk are locally produced and bought wherever possible
• None of our flavours contain E numbers or colourings.
• We avoid artificial flavourings, using only natural flavourings where necessary.
• We have a strict policy against ingredients containing palm oil – will not make a fudge flavour with anything containing palm oil.
• Our vegan fudge is accredited by the Vegan Society, which is a rigorous examination of all our ingredients used in our vegan fudge flavours.
• We are constantly assessing our ingredients to make sure we use the finest ingredients possible.
We strive every day to find the best sustainable packaging for our Roly’s Fudge Pantries.
Our paper packaging companies are FSC accredited and we use sustainable inks.
We have eliminated plastic carrier bags from our shops and use FSC accredited paper bags. But we highly encourage everyone to bring their own reusable bags!
Our printed ribbons (with “Roly’s Fudge… it’s crumbly!” on them) are derived from wood pulp and eucalyptus sources.
We are working to find a replacement for our plastic gift bags and plastic within our boxes. Despite some substantial investment, currently our experiments haven’t worked. In the meantime, we’re using the best recyclable plastic we can. If you have a good solution, we encourage you to get in touch with us!
Roly’s Fudge is supporting the Refill Revolution! Along with 15000 other businesses in the UK, we are keeping the country hydrated and preventing plastic pollution by having a Refill station in most of our stores.
One million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and that figure is expected to rise by another 20% by 2021.
Many of our Roly’s Fudge Pantries are helping to combat that problem by allowing anyone to fill up their water on the go, so they don’t have to buy it when out and about.